Edward P. Stinson P.E., C.M.E.
Phone: (609) 266 – 7600 ext. 212
The City Engineer provides engineering, surveying and other technical services to the administration and all other departments and divisions of the City. The Department implements the Public Works Capital Improvement plan, as authorized and funded by the City Council, by planning and prioritizing needs, collecting information and preparing plans and specifications for the construction of various Public Works projects. The City Engineer also manages, supervises and inspects the construction of improvements to the Public Works Infrastructure of the City. These projects include the following:
- Street Improvements
- Sanitary Sewer Construction Repair and Rehabilitation
- Potable Water Repair and Rehabilitation
- Storm Sewer Construction and Repair
- Municipal Parking Lot Construction and Improvements
- Park Improvements
- Municipal Buildings and Grounds Improvements and Repair
- Business Area Streetscape Construction and Improvements
- Environmental Remediation on Municipal Properties
The City Engineer reviews proposed development plans and provides reports to the Planning Board and Zoning Board of Adjustment when requested. Improvements constructed by developers that are intended to be turned over to the City are also inspected by the City Engineer..
The City Engineer is also responsible for regulating and inspecting certain activities occurring within the City. The Department issues permits for the following:
- Road excavations (Street Openings)
- Sanitary Sewer Connections
- Sidewalk and Curb construction and repair
- Driveway construction and widening
The City Engineer is available to address public complaints, concerns and information requests with respect to streets and infrastructure conditions and other related matters.